Most Sunday mornings, we meet Grandpa and Grandma Ellen at the farmer's market. After we get our scone or muffin, we head over to wait for the Amtrak train to go by. I think Grandpa gets just as excited as Sam does! Did you know that this train is the Cardinal line, comes all the way from New York, takes a very scenic route, and runs 3 days a week on this track? Every time we see the train, the engineer blows his whistle and waves at Sam, and Sam talks about it endlessly!
We brought Sam's bike this morning, and took a long bike ride on the dirt road next to the tracks in search of an engine. Often, there are freight cars parked on the tracks, and Sam wonders where the engine is. Here, Grandpa and Sam are checking out the hopper cars. And we found the engine, but I didn't get a picture of it. (But it clearly has not moved in a very long time, so I'm sure there will be other opportunities!)

1 comments:
This is the best of all! Very excitinng.
Post a Comment